HOLY SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM, BATMAN, A GIVEAWAY!
The number 666 has always (scarily) followed me around. My college ID number, important personal data, and now posts. I mean, yeah, I was always going to hit the number 666, but it looks cool as 6,666, right? Whatever.
So here, have a giveaway. I’m a poor student, so you can have some cool stuff I found in the flat:
- an Iron Man 3 poster I got after going to the IMAX premiere
- a Star Trek poster I got after going to the Star Trek Into Darkness IMAX premiere
- a Sherlock t-shirt [which has been folded up badly, hence the creasing - also it’s a Men’s L but I guess it’d be nice as a bed-shirt too]
- a Sherlock postcard by the wonderful Daunt
- tickets from the Sherlopalooza event run by The Babes, featuring art by Kafers
So there. Lots of cool shit to be won. Have some rules, too:
- reblog as much as you like, but don’t spam because that’s rude
- likes also count
- please only enter if you actually want this stuff, it’d be a shame if it all went to an unwanted home now, wouldn’t it?
- you don’t have to be following me, but it’d be super awesome and fantastic if you did [because I have an A+ blog and I am a fabulous person]
- the giveaway ends on 5th June at 11:59 GMT - so you have 3 weeks
- please have your ask box open so I can tell you if you win - that, or it’ll go to someone else [only 1 winner
I’m not made of prizes]
ENJOY. Also, apologies for the bad photography. You’ll get over it. FREE STUFF.
oh yes please!!!
Reblog if you are a Cumberbabe, Cumberbitch, member of the Cumbercollective etc.
If we were all worried we dont have to be now
why can’t i reblog this a million times
WE’RE ALL OK!
((HUGE sigh of relief I remember when Yahoo bought some other websites in the past ans shut them down. Hopefully they’ll stick to their word and leave Tumblr un-touched.))
You better KEEP THIS PROMISE, Yahoo!!!
Sherlock is on hiatus…
Supernatural just had it’s season finale
Doctor who just had it’s season finale.
Merlin is over..
And we are waiting for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Are you sure this is the best time to buy Tumblr?… Cause the whole fandom is actully this right now:
DOKOMI 2013 - BEST COSPLAYS
If you´re one of the persons in the pictures, please contact me.
Wenn ihr auf einem der Bilder seid, kontaktiert mich bitte.
I love it when Tumblr folk find new ways to explore this wonderful site lol.
wtf did I just do?
Holy fuck that’s amazing!! O.O
i don’t… i don’t know what happened.
all the notes. holy crap.
at first the reblog button didn’t work for me, i was like FUCK FUCK FUCK but then it worked.lol.
It worked immediately. I’M HARRY FREAKIN POTTER!
…looks like i got the magic in me. >:)
HA! FINALLY! after the 73902356504600th try! ;)
look @ me now.
fuck yeaahhhhh first time
VIVA LA MAGICAL REVOLUTION!!!
I’m the boss.
OH THANK GOD.
My birthday is July 31 bitches.
SHARE TO SAVE TUMBLR!
- Let’s try and get 100k notes
A review by one of the folks sums it up perfectly:
“What worries me about Yahoo! buying Tumblr is how it would choose to incorporate the website into its email and homepage features. One of the reasons why Tumblr is so unique is because it’s a niche market. By adding more users who don’t fit into this niche, it would make it more difficult for communities to develop within Tumblr, and Tumblr would have to change to accommodate these new users. Tumblr as a website is not the kind that you can sign up for in a day and be on your way. It is a website crafted so that you can immediately post but must spend several weeks, sometimes even months, to build a community. With new users who would not be willing to spend time growing a community, Tumblr would have to be changed, which would alienate its current users. Those users have spent time and effort to make Tumblr what it is today, and they are the ones who spend time on the website daily. A user who is checking onto Tumblr because it’s attached to their homepage is not going to be as strong of a user nor as dedicated. By changing the website to suit this new user, you would lose the strong users while building an undedicated usership.
To any website that would think of buying Tumblr, they must understand that it is a website that cannot be changed to make it more user friendly to a casual blogger. I think that many Tumblr users would be less worried about a buy-out if they were promised that their communities and ways of using Tumblr would not be changed. No one is going to mind Yahoo! buying the website and gaining a few extra million dollars per year from the minimal advertising; what we will be upset with is if a company like Yahoo! then changes the website to increase casual users and decrease dedicated users. Yahoo! would gain nothing by losing this “cool” group of bloggers in an age group they so desperately want to reach, so they must cater to these individuals by leaving the website exactly as is.” - houseoftombombadilAs much as is does sound like a load of bullshit for someone to buy Tumblr, it’s a possibility. I Personally think it should stay independent and I hope David Karp keeps a hold of it like his own child. Or we make enough noise to where such major changes (if bought) will not happen. I would hate to see Tumblr turned into an advertising dump.We’re not a ‘hip fad group’ to be marketed to. I hate the fact that’s all we look like to businesses in the end.
reblogging again for this ^
Yahoo will do to Tumblr what Six Apart did to Livejournal
I totally agree with how advertising could be bad for Tumblr’s current users. Yahoo’s obviously expecting returns if they’re willing to pay the rumored price of over a million dollars, and unless they increase ads and tie ins with their own services such as their mail and “news” they’re going to lose money. So it seems pretty obvious that there are going to be some changes if Yahoo, or even Facebook which is also rumored to be interested in buying it out at the last minute actually does. Those could be having to log in with a Yahoo or Facebook account, or a larger amount of ads and sponsored posts. But whatever it will be, it seems like they’ll care more about profits and larger numbers of users than the already exiting users.
So that leaves us with the question of what we can do about it - here are a couple of my ideas, but feel free to add on!
- Contact them - This may seem obvious, but it’s a good place to start. I’d suggest commenting on their facebook page. Since its public they’ll probably watch it more closely than some email account, and it will get more attention.
- Get AdBlock Plus - This blocks ads and prevents the site owner from collecting revenue from ad views. More importantly, post publicly and maybe even contact Yahoo saying you’re doing it in protest of their attempt to capitalize off of Tumblr.
- Content advertisers will hate - Nobody wants to advertise on a site that publicly denounces ads, or consumerism. Or even easier than ranting on these subjects, just post a lot of porn ;) I am actually being serious, most companies won’t want to be associated with it. Tagging it with #yahoo could also make a point..
It’s such a big decision to buy out a company that I really believe if we make a big enough protest against it they might reconsider. So if you want Tumblr to stay how it is, go let them know!